19 December 2009

One New (Temp) Job

Yep, I’m working. It’s intermittent temp work, and it pays considerably less than what I was making before, but it’s work. I’m thrilled. Also, it’s in the communication/publishing industry, so I’m even more thrilled.

In fact, intermittent work seems like a good bridge into fulltime work, considering I’ve been out of work for 18 months. Of course I’ve kept my days structured throughout those 18 months (no daytime TV addictions here), but my structure at home is no match for a 40-hour week in an office... as I discovered this week. This week was a full 38 hours plus the two hours I spent having my car’s battery replaced. ($280 for a battery? Did they have it couriered from Munich in a silver case?)

Between Erle Wilhelm’s (my car’s) battery issues, and learning a new data management system at work, I’m drained. But it’s a good kind of drained. I’m lucky to be working with a great group of people, and I’m lucky to be working.

6 comments:

dara said...

you rock, woman. they are lucky to have you. BTW, your eyes look amazing in the previous post's pic! ;)

mario g. said...

All I can say is, congrats!... and hope Erle serves you well with the new battery.

Vanessa said...

Aww, you guys are so sweet. Thank you. :)

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Congratulations!!

Curly Mode Rob said...

Well this is great news!!! Hope the book marketing is also going well.

Vanessa said...

Thanks everyone. :) "Curly Mode"? Cute! I hope that means you're creating more Curly Men.