19 January 2010

One New Hobby (Lobby)

I have discovered Hobby Lobby. I am forever changed. Okay maybe not forever, but I am impressed with the size and selection of that place. It's like the Walmart of crafting supplies, with everything you want plus a few things you don’t know you need until you see them. During my visit last week, I got several ideas for projects, including the prosperity corner I mentioned in a previous post.

I’ve also discovered the coolest car wash. It’s called Top Notch Express, and you actually stay in your car while it rolls along the wash track. You’re instructed to keep your hands off the wheel and your foot off the brake, so while your car is moving, you’re unable to steer, brake, or see (when suds and water are covering the windows). It’s a strange sensation that, for the uninitiated, has probably led to a panic attack or two. It reminded me of the indoor, in-the-dark roller coaster at Dollywood, albeit at a slower pace. But this ride costs only $4, and it washes your car.

2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Practical discoveries are always good!

allison_n said...

You've never been in one of those car washes?? You funny girl.