23 February 2010

Getting Ready to Relocate

After nearly a year of staying with wonderfully kind family in Augusta, I’ve decided it’s time to take a chance on moving to where the jobs are—or where more jobs are, at least. March 31 is my self-imposed date to move on, unless I’ve found work before then.

Now that I’ve made the decision to move, I’m so excited, and I’m not sure I can wait until the 31st. The lists are made, the research is done, and the apartment and city guides are en route to my mailbox (although I’ll likely stay at an extended-stay hotel initially). I’ve even listed which items are going into which boxes, so I can load my car as efficiently as possible. Quickly too, if need be.

I should say, though, that my year in Augusta has been pleasant. I got to do lots of New Things and got to save thousands of dollars, thanks to my generous family. I’m grateful for that and more, but I’m ready to take more initiative in creating my environment rather than adapting to it, and I’m ready for a new adventure.