16 March 2010

Discovering Google Docs


After losing many files and photos last December to a PC virus, I’ve been serious about backing up my files. I’m using a USB drive to store copies of everything, but I keep the drive in a drawer below my PC, so if a house fire wipes out the PC, it’ll get the USB drive too. To be extra safe, I’ve been trying to find online storage that is fast, free, and secure.

As you can imagine, not many online storage options are fast, free, and secure, and maybe Google Docs isn’t as secure as I’m thinking, but so far, I really like it. I was able to upload my files quickly and, unlike SkyDrive’s one-at-a-time approach, I can download several files at once.

So far, for my purposes, Google Docs rocks.

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to try it. I've got a flash drive backup and an external hard drive, for the same reasons. My computer crashed twice last year.