20 April 2010

On the Road: NC and DC


For the past two weeks, I’ve been on an interviewing tour, first to Raleigh, NC, and then to Alexandria, VA. A California phone interview was in the mix as well. Busy busy.

I knew I would like Raleigh (have visited several times), but I was surprised by how much I liked Alexandria. I loved it! At night, King Street glows with string-lit trees and with people having fun amid meticulously restored shops, bars, and restaurants. The entire city is beautiful, and the people are endearingly nice. Also, just across the Potomac River, National Harbor could be a vacation destination in itself. In fact, that’s not a bad idea...

1 comment:

Triesta said...

Alexandria's King Street sounds like a fantastical destination, and definitely worthy of a second visit.